There are few summer foods, that are as fun to eat, as a popsicle. Their vibrant colors, sweet flavors, and cooling effect are perfect for any searing summer day. What could possibly make the popsicle even better? How about a little PURUS Vodka?
Now before we go any further, some of you may be thinking, “Can you actually freeze vodka?” The answer is YES! And we’ll show you how with these satisfying frozen treats. Although you may feel like a kid while enjoying these icy delights, they are definitely adults-only!
Strawberry-Peach PURUS Pops
recipe adapted from endlesssimmer.com
Makes 12 2.5 oz popsicles
6 oz. pureed strawberry (about 10 strawberries)
2 oz. peach syrup (recipe follows)
12 oz. tonic water
2 oz. plus 3 oz. PURUS Vodka (divided use)
1. In a small bowl, combine the strawberry puree and 2 oz. of PURUS Vodka. Stir to mix. Place three teaspoons of strawberry mixture in the bottom of each popsicle form; set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine peach syrup with tonic water; stir to combine. Add remaining 3 oz. of PURUS Vodka to the peach-tonic mixture and stir.
3. Pour peach mixture on top of strawberry mixture in the popsicle form. Stir to combine.
4. Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles for an additional 12-14 hours. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
½ cup sliced peaches (about 4 medium size peaches)
1 cup water
1 cups sugar
1. Wash, peel, and pit ripe peaches. Place peaches in a blender or food processor and process until peaches are pureed.
2. Place water, sugar and peach puree in a pot and bring to a boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
3. Strain into a clean, glass container with an airtight lid for storage.